If you try to run the program and receive an error stating that the DLL API-MS-win-CRT-runtime-L1-1-0. DLL is missing from your computer, you can use this guide to restore the missing DLLS so that your Program works again.
When a program is created, they are linked to a dynamic link libraries (DLLs) that contains the code that the program needs to run. If the necessary DLL is missing, then Windows will display a warning telling you the name of the missing DLL so that you can try and resolve the problem.
If you run the program and receive the following error about the missing API-MS-win-CRT-runtime-L1-1-0. dll, you need to install the Visual C++ Redistributable Package 2015 using the instructions below.
The Program cannot start because the API-MS-win-CRT-runtime-L1-1-0. dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem
To fix the API-MS-win-CRT-runtime-L1-1-0. dll there is a missing error in Windows, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable page from Microsoft and click the Download button.
- You will be taken to a page where it asks you to choose whether you want to download the Windows version of 32-bit or 64 bits. Select the version you need and click the Next button. If you’re not sure what version you need, you can use this tutorial to determine what you need.
- The File will now be downloaded to your computer. Once downloaded, double-click on the downloaded vc_redist. x64. exe file.
- The Microsoft Visual C++-2015 Redistributable screen is displayed and asks you to agree to the terms and conditions of the license. Enter a checkmark in the “I agree ” box and then click the Install button.
- If Windows asks you to allow the program to make changes or continue, click the Yes or Allow button.
- Once done, the program will display a message stating that it was successfully installed.
- You can now close the installer.
If you already have the DLL installed and still look missing, you can download the above Redistributable, but this time make the repair.
You can now try running the program that previously gave the mistake and it should work again.